When I finally got Matt up and at ‘em, we left the apartment in search of some yummy food. Where else to go than Megabite, a food court found in the Singaporean mall, Capitaland/Raffles City. Who knows where they come up with these names! How we picked our final lunch destination out of all the sizzling, steamy, spicy options is beyond me. Why, I bet you could eat something different for every meal everyday for at least a month in that one spot and pay between 2-8 dollars a meal.
We decided on an impromptu hot pot with mushroom broth, fresh snow pea leaves, soybean sprouts, napa cabbage, shrimp dumplings, and finely sliced lamb. For those of you not in the know, hot pot is one of the best ways to eat food, ever. Period. Also known as Chinese fondue, I like it best because you can spend 3-4 hours eating, talking, and drinking, and at the end, you have this amazing soup leftover. Walking around the food court afterwards, I was inspired to return for the the single serving fire heated woks and skillets of X vegetable + Y meat, or the huge bowls of dumplings, or the anything you want on a stick-grilled, fried, steamed etc. Then there’s the de
2 comments:
I enjoy your food enthusiasm! Chinese fondue always reminds me of home. I have to show these pictures to my mom - she'll be so jealous. When we get together as a family, fondue is always on the menu -- shrimp, tofu, fish balls, bean thread noodles... ok, you've got me hungry!
In my Chinese class, all we talk about is where we go to eat, what we eat, and how much it costs. If we don't talk about going out for food, then we talk about cooking food. By 12:30p at the end of my class, I'm starving!
Post a Comment